Ah, the sweetness of journaling. It's a way to dump all of your feelings and thoughts on a page in order to sort through the junk and arrive at reality. And it's even better when the journaling is all drawings and color and metaphor, so the pure truth can show itself.
"Freedom through art journals" is about learning how to free yourself from expectation to process your thoughts and emotions by creating image-based journals. What we're up to here is called "creative self-care." That is: loving yourself and creating an expansive container for your growth through unabashed self-expression.
This one's for those of you who wouldn't call yourselves artists - and for those who would. It's for those who have a regular journaling routine and for those who want to journal only when inspiration (or agony) calls for it.
In this one-day workshop, you'll:
- Learn about the process of art-journaling and gain tools for easily creating journals at home
- Build a handmade book
- Choose a current issue or challenge from your life, exploring it through self-reflection
- Consider the images and metaphors that arise from your topic
- Create drawings of the visualization and write free-form about your experience
- Reflect and integrate your experience
You'll leave with:
- Transformed views of important issues from your life
- An art journal you've created
- Confidence in art-making and creative self-expression
- Methods for inquiring into issues from your life and healing them through creative practice
- A posse of others who jam the way you do
We'll meet on Sunday, January 30 from 10am until 5pm.
Cozy, creative 8 Anderson Street in Portland, Maine
$200, includes all supplies, a scrumptious lunch, & tea/coffee/snacks
LAST DAY TO REGISTER IS JANUARY 22, 2016!
*I am a supporter of alternate economies. If you have a skill or some other awesome something to trade for a seat in this workshop, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org now. I'm sure we can work something out.