“Creativity lies not in the DONE but in the DOING… ” - Julia Cameron
Process art asks us to focus on the experience of doing the work, not on the product. It's making art as open-ended play, with no right/wrong, no rules, and no attachment to outcomes. It's practicing trusting our intuition and noticing how our bodies and minds naturally invite or reject creating.
Not only is process art a ticket to courageous and unconstrained expression, it's also a way to invite ease into your life, cultivate self-acceptance, and heal. You'll makemakemake, both sensing and seeing your patterns at work. It's in this way that you'll get to know yourself a hell of a lot more fully and snip the shackles that bind your creativity.
In this one-day playshop, you'll:
- Reflect on what has you uninspired or stuck - now or perpetually
- Invite freedom through writing and art-making
- Move your body in ways that inspire unbounded, present, generative thinking
- Conspire with others in purposeful play
- Revel in pure joy
You'll leave with the confidence to create. I promise.
We'll meet on Tuesday, May 17 from 10am until 4pm.
The Coaching Room, located at 120 Wortley Road in London, Ontario, CA
$150 USD (about $200 CAD)
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- An epic day in the community of others who are as focused on being as creatively alive as you are
- Coffee, tea, an awesome lunch, and snackssnackssnacks
- All the supplies you'll need
- A revival of your energy
- The capacity to freely express yourself!
Oh, and a note about you:
IF YOU CALL YOURSELF AN 'ARTIST', this experience will support you in:
- Moving through 'creative blocks' as they come
- No longer making art that other people expect you to make
- Trying things you've never tried before
- Deepening your existing artistic practices
IF YOU DON'T CALL YOURSELF AN 'ARTIST', this experience will:
- Be super fun and joyful
- Take any heaviness you have around "ART" and "CREATIVITY" and flush them for good
- Provoke a wild need to make things - and feel more full and whole by doing so
- Be a window into how to be more free in all of life
IF YOU'RE A COACH, this experience will:
- Inspire you to integrate process art approaches in your work
- Give you tools you can use to support your clients in living more unbounded, creative, and expressed lives
- Be a hands-on oh-so-amusing way to learn in community with other coaches and non-coaches
*I am a supporter of alternate economies. If you have a skill or some other awesome something to trade for a seat in this workshop, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org now. I'm sure we can work something out.